KIDZ ☮ PEACE ... For kids everywhere, it’s Back to School time. The routine of your day - school, after-school activities and family life can be just as hard for kids as it is for adults. When you are feeling “down in the dumps,” overwhelmed, or just plain tired out, God is sad. He wants you to be happy and filled with peace. Here are 3 steps that can change your ATTITUDE:
1. Turn to God. When we go to God in prayer and read His word we can find comfort, peace, hope, strength, joy and a whole lot more. Let's get our Bibles and check out these verses: Philippians 4:13, Psalm 46:10, Matthew 7:7-8, Jeremiah 29:11, 2 Corinthians 12:9, Proverbs 3:6
2. Rest. Grown ups aren’t the only ones who get tired or weary. Maybe you need to find some quiet time – why not read a book, try taking a long shower or soak in the tub. Why not put some awesome Christian tunes on your headphones. Or, maybe you just need to get some extra sleep – why not go to bed a little earlier than usual.
3. Do something nice for someone else. Feeling bored, sad or lonely? That is a great time to do a “random act of kindness.” When you make someone else happy, you will be surprised how that makes you feel. Remember, you don’t have to spend money, or give a gift to someone to make them feel happy … just be friendly and spend some time with them.
Here are a few ideas you can do at school:
• Make a new friend – introduce yourself to the new kid at school, or someone new on your sports team - and don’t forget to introduce them to others.
• Is there someone in the lunchroom that always seems to be sitting alone? Introduce yourself… you could even bring a snack to share with them.
• If you see someone that is having a bad day, offer them a smile, a kind word, or a helping hand.
Kidz Thought for the Week: “Be yourself! Who else is better qualified?”
- from Frank J. Giblin
Keeping you in my prayers. 'til next Wednesday, remember we're working on our attitude.
God's Peace, Donna