15 August 2011

WORDS


“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God
who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Theresa

If I knew that nobody was reading would I continue to write, out of obedience?

I’ve put a lot of thought in to answering that question, and I’m happy to be able to say that my answer is “yes, I would continue to write.” Writing is not only my passion, but a blessing from God. When I started writing my blog I made a commitment to use my writing to glorify Him. In the process, I’ve tried to be more disciplined, to write on a more regular basis – a lot more frequently than I had in the past. Since I am usually not a very disciplined person there have been times when this has been very challenging, however, there have been many more days when I have experienced such joy and peace as I put words to paper.

God looks at our hearts and motives, and he knows our faithfulness. I am reminded of the words found in Ephesians 3:20, which say “Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.”

What commitment have you made to the Lord lately? 
How are you showing your faithfulness?

Everyone one of us has been called to serve and glorify God in different ways, but it is important to remember that what really makes us a Christian is our faith in God, not our works. Our greatest ministry is when we become highly committed to God.

When our life is over and we stand before God, there is only one we should desire to hear, and that is "well done good and FAITHFUL servant!"





Please celebrate with me....
Many of you have heard the continuing saga of my efforts at writing, so I wanted to share some exciting news.  I have written a story called Some Occasions call for Purple which has been selected to appear in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Inspirations for the Young at Heart.  This newest Chicken Soup book is scheduled to be available in bookstores, Target, Wal-Mart, and K-Mart stores beginning August 23, 2011.
 
  Chicken Soup for the Soul: Inspiration for the Young at Heart celebrates all the fun and wonder of getting older. This collection of 101 stories is full of humorous and fun adventures from those who are actively enjoying their “senior years!” Readers will revel in these stories about dynamic older singles and couples finding new careers, new sports, new love, and new meaning to their lives. Topics covering love, family, and travels will amuse and invigorate readers.

Excerpt from my story "Some Occasions Call for Purple" ... And, here we were, she in her big, purple hat and me in my mismatched blue hat and purple scarf. To top it off, we were actually taking pictures of each other -- right in the aisle of the department store. Needless to say, the sales clerk thought we were crazy, but we gave her a look that said, “We’ve earned the right to every bit of this silliness” (page 72).

Thank you to my friends and family that have been a constant source of inspiration and encouragement for my writing. I feel blessed to be able to share this special occasion with you. I hope you enjoy reading my story, as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Have a blessed week,
God's Peace, Donna Weaver

“The soul's deepest thirst is for God Himself,
who has made us so that we can never be
satisfied without Him.” – F. F. Bruce

No comments: