31 December 2011

PEACE be with you this New Year's Eve


“I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart!
I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33

Every New Years Eve seems to bring with it a time of reflection ... looking back on the joys, challenges and changes of the past 365 days. For many it becomes a time for making new promises, plans to do things differently, resolving to be more and do more. We come up with new dreams, more hopes and desires - and this year will be no exception.

I had a lot of dreams for 2011, but quickly realized that God had different plans. He must have been looking down on me, laughing and saying, “Donna, you still don’t get it. I have bigger plans for you.” You see, nothing seemed to go according to my plans - I had to turn away from my “wants,” becoming totally dependent on Christ alone.  I must admit that I was a little scared and felt somewhat uncomfortable in the process, but God’s grace and mercy were more than enough.  I think God finally got the point across ... whatever He has in store for me is always so much greater than what I could have imagined (although I still might have to be reminded from time to time).  Jeremiah 29:11-13 has become one of my favorite scripture verses ... a promise from God, one that I have grown to rely on.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. When you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

So for 2012, I am trying a different approach: no plans, no pre-conceived ideas ... just an open mind, a thankful heart, and a willing spirit. I am looking forward to all that God has in store for me. 

Don’t get me wrong, I do not plan to sit idle waiting for things to happen. I believe that God wants us to do our part, to live life to the fullest, and He wants us to make our desires known to Him through prayer.

Some of the most positive changes that took place in my life this year, occurred because of the journey I began on January 1st ... to seek more peace in my life.  I chose to focus on two words ... PEACE and SPARKLE, and God used every milestone of this journey to teach me valuable lessons and instill in me one life-changing fact.  Through this journey I have learned the secret for living a life filled with God’s peace  ... finding peace (and hope) in troubled times is the same as finding joy and love in happy times. 

TRUE PEACE can only be found in the stillness of God's presence.

I’d love to hear what God has revealed to you in our journey together. Do you have any resolutions, hopes, or plans for 2012? Have you chosen “one word” to focus on in 2012? Be sure to check back on Monday to read about the words I have chosen for 2012.


As we wait in anticipation for the New Year to begin, my prayer is that God will bless your life in 2012. May He lead you in unexpected ways and take you on amazing adventures that will draw you closer to Him.

God’s Peace,  Donna Weaver



It’s not too late to pick ONE WORD for 2012, check it out:

No comments: