01 March 2012

Encouragement for a WEARY HEART


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light”
- Matthew 11:28-30

May 22, 2011. A supercell thunderstorm produced an EF-5 tornado over Joplin, Missouri. The sign above was from in front of the Joplin High School. When the tornado struck the J - L - I - N were blown off the sign. Days later someone expressed the sentiment of the town when they added a duct tape H and E. The new sign makes a statement about the attitude of the students and the community. They made a choice in a most difficult time. They chose HOPE!

Last night I was catching up with friends and family on Facebook and I happened to see a post from a friend that said she had lost her job. Another dear friend added to my prayer list of those without jobs. The list just keeps growing – and my heart goes out to them because it wasn’t all that long ago that I had also been on the same “list.” Life circumstances may be out of our control, but one thing is certain – we serve a mighty God who loves us and is IN CONTROL. Just like the person who changed the letters on the Joplin High School sign, we too can choose the way we react, the attitude we have and the source of our strength – even when times are difficult.

Today I would like to share some of my favorite words of HOPE, along with some awesome resources. It is my prayer that these words will offer encouragement and remind those with a “weary heart,” that they are not alone.

SHUT DOORS –– God will sometimes shut doors (even the ones we really want to walk through) in order to guide us in the right direction. We simply have to trust God. He has the power to open every door, and shut the ones we shouldn’t walk hrough. Proverbs 19:21 states: “Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”       - Called Magazine
  

PROVISION –– Your God will bring supernatural provision for the vision
He has given you. So have faith, and don't doubt! Do you believe He is
able to do it? Then, according to your faith it will be done (Matthew :27-29).
- Called Magazine

 “Don't worry about a thing just let
God's peace flow over you.”

- Philippians 4:7

No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what
others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never
let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; He'll always be
there to help you come through it."  
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 (The Message)


 

"You need Me continually - not only for daily bread and blessings,
but also for the myriad of decisions you must make each day," - Dear Jesus
- from Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young


“A downpour of trials can be a force that destroys and washes
away hope, or it can become a tool God uses to bring healing new life.”

- Excerpt from Rain on Me: Devotions of Hope and Encouragement
for Difficult Times, by Holley Gerth

It’s Friday, Let’s Sparkle ... action required ... Look around and find someone that needs HOPE today.  Offer them a listening ear or an encouraging word.  The message below was posted on Facebookand is worth repeating ...

"Sometimes when I say "I'm okay," I want
someone to look me in the eyes, hug me
tight and say, "I know you are not!" 

What a powerful reminder that there are so many hurting people in our world today.  Let's be the hands & feet of Christ to a hurting world.... one person at a time.If you would like to post a prayer request in the comment section, please do so. While you are at it, why not say a prayer for someone else on the list.  Have a safe and relaxing weekend ... remember to find time to rest in His presence.

God’s Peace, Donna Weaver

RESOURCES:
CALLED Magazine helps Christian women serve better, lead better, and live better– no matter what they’re called to do. Ministry is not for a select few. It's for all of us!  http://calledmagazine.com/
Books by Holley Gerth and Sarah Young
Available at  
www.amazon.com   or   www.christianbook.com

No comments: