25 March 2012

Thoughts about GRACE


“By the grace of God, I am what I am.”
- I Corinthians 15:10

I love to wear jewelry, and some of my favorite pieces are my cross necklaces. I collect all sorts of crosses. I have the ones I wear, and others I hang on my walls at home. My crosses are a symbol of my faith. Occasionally someone will see me wearing a cross and ask me where I go to church or questions about my faith. My crosses have become conversation pieces and a tool for witnessing.

Today I was thinking about the word “grace.” What a beautiful word, and as we begin to understand the true meaning, we also understand just how “amazing” grace really is.

Here are some of my thoughts about grace:

• Grace is God’s unmerited favor.
• Grace cannot be earned.
• Grace is kindness from God we don’t deserve.
• Grace is a gift from God.

If you were asked to explain the meaning of GRACE, how would you respond?

Someone once shared the following acronym with me, and it has become a simple way to remember the meaning of “grace: ...
GOD’S   RICHES   AT   CHRIST'S   EXPENSE

I certainly don’t understand everything about the grace of God – but one definite way to learn more is to search scripture. His Word speaks the truth and gives us great insight.



“For sin shall not be master over you,
for you are not under law, but under grace.”
- Romans 6:14

 

“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—
and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
not by works, so that no one can boast.” - Ephesians 2:9

 
“Those who receive the abundance of grace
and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life
through the One, Jesus Christ.” - Romans 5:17


Prayer for God's Grace


May the grace of Christ our Saviour,

And the Father's boundless love,
With the Holy Spirit's favor,
Rest upon us from above.


Thus may we abide in union
With each other and the Lord,
And possess, in sweet communion,
Joys which earth cannot afford. Amen.


This week I encourage you to think about all of the things we do not deserve but for which we have received grace. Thank the Lord that He lavishes His GRACE on us for no other reason than because He first loved us.


See you back here on Wednesday as we continue our Journey to the Cross.

In the Grip of Grace...
God’s Peace, Donna Weaver



No comments: