06 February 2012

God’s Timing, NOT Mine


“Don't worry about a thing,
just let God's peace flow over you”
- Philippians 4:7

In case you didn’t notice, I have been MIA (missing in action) for the past two weeks.

I’ve been house-sitting for some friends from church.  It's always fun taking care of their cats and finding respite in their beautiful home.  This time, however I forgot to ask them to leave their internet access for me, so I  there I was - two weeks without internet. This was not in my plans and at first, I ran through a list of my options to try to “get-it-all done” – check my email, connect on Facebook, post my blog.  But, after some ‘stressing” followed by prayer, I felt God saying that it was time to take a short break. So I followed the words of Philippians 4:7, took a deep breath and chose peace!

Sometimes our best made plans get unexpectedly interrupted. I’m sure many of you have had it happen ... a snowstorm, a family emergency, an illness. In those moments, we have a choice. We can worry, or we can rest in His peace.

What will you choose?

On Friday, Colorado was hit with the biggest snowstorm of this winter. Many people tried to battle the inevitable, but others just hunkered in to enjoy the beauty of each flake.

I was reminded of the words found in Ecclesiastes 8:15, “So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.”


I had some fun taking pictures in the back yard and monitoring the snowfall at my “temporary home.” The picture above (of the birdbath) was taken late Friday afternoon.


Same birdbath, more snow,  Picture was taken mid-day Saturday, and the snow continued throughout the day.


Sunday morning the snowfall had stopped, the sun came out and life started getting back to normal.  As I drove to church, I looked at the white covered mountains and couldn’t help but thank God for the snow, and a chance to be refreshed.
 


I drew this heart in the backyard, and focused on how God has reminded me once again over the past two weeks, that He is in control of my life and loves me enough to make sure that I take time to rest in His peace.
 


As I write this blog, I am back at home with my internet connection.  Back to the demands of every day life.  Here in Colorado we are expecting more snow this week. Hopefully it will only be a few flurries, but if God’s plans say otherwise, I will still choose peace.

Have a wonderful week and be sure to check back on Friday for a special “Hallmark” message.

Chillin’ in His Grace, Peace & Love,
Donna Weaver

2 comments:

Debbie Case said...

Yes, I have to agree that sometimes choosing peace is so much easier than trying to figure out all the ways to make the "plan" go as scheduled. I often tend to make things much more complicated than they need to be. I'm always surprised afterwards and often find myself commenting why did I worry so much.Worry is so destructive, both physically and mentally. Thanks for your insightful thoughts.

I also really enjoyed your pictures. The one with the snow covered mountains was stunning. How amazing it must be to live in such a beautiful place!

Donna Weaver said...

I had to laugh when I read your comment, Debbie. I thought I was the only one that had the habit of making things "more complicated." It reminds me of Romans 7:15, "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I
do not do, but what I hate I do."
Thank goodness, God is in control!

And yes, I feel really blessed living in Colorado. Every season God brings a different type of beauty to the mountains.