27 February 2012

Time for a Checkup

  
It’s been over a year now since I set out on my journey to seek more of God’s peace in four specific areas of my life.  I think that I’m past due for a check-up and re-affirmation.

"When you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful
to have it even more fully in your heart.”  – St. Francis of Assisi
Peace in my Heart is directly affected by my relationship with God and others. I will continue to seek peace in this area of my life through prayer, being still (listening to God), and reading His Word.



“If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having.”
- Henry Miller

Peaceful Environment is the result of simplifying my life. I will continue to seek peace in this area through controlling clutter (self-discipline), honoring the commitments that God calling me to (self-discipline), and avoiding chaos (self-discipline).


“The fruit of silence is prayer; the fruit of prayer is faith;
the fruit of faith is love; the fruit of love is service;
the fruit of service is peace.” – Mother Teresa

Spirit of Peace is reflected by the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life. I will continue to seek peace in this area by abiding by the virtues of the Fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control).



“Make me an instrument of your peace.”
– St. Francis of Assisi

Sharing the Peace is to share the light of Jesus that resides within us, aka “sparkle.” I will continue to seek peace in this area of my life by using the gifts, resources, and passions that God has given me to bring Him glory.

I believe a spiritual journey of seeking God’s peace helps me live out the words of John 10:10, “ ...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full..”  My prayer is that as we continue this journey together, we will allow God to transform our hearts, encourage us, teach us and lead us each step of the way.

Don’t forget to check back on Wednesday as our “journey to the cross” takes us back to the Garden of Gethsemane.

God’s Peace, Donna Weaver



No comments: