13 September 2011

Love Letters from God


Today I am so excited to be able to share a post with you that is a little different from my usual weekly message. It’s still about PEACE but it’s also about one of my other favorite topics ... words of encouragement.

In his book, The Five Languages of Love, author Gary Chapman explains that everyone’s emotional needs are met in different ways. It is important to learn not only to speak the love language of others, but it is also necessary to let others know our love language. The five love languages include receiving gifts, acts of service, spending quality time, physical touch, and words of affirmation.

What is your love language?

Words of affirmation are definitely my love language. When I open my mailbox and find a greeting card containing a personal message ... I feel loved!  Research shows that over one-third of adults have a pile of cards they have kept for that exact reason – the sentiment touched their heart!

Not only do I love receiving cards, but I am also an encourager so I enjoy sending cards. There are many times I feel prompted by prayer requests, thoughts, emails, FaceBook messages, or a tugging at my heart, to let someone know that they are on my mind – that I care. I don’t know about you, but I just love finding greeting cards that include words of encouragement, scripture, and the perfect sentiment. I must not be alone, because the Greeting Card Association says that U.S. consumers purchase approximately 7 billion greeting cards annually.

Some of my favorite cards are from DaySpring. I like the fact that their mission is “to help people share their heart and God’s love.” It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Mother Teresa.  She once said, “I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”   There are many people in this world that need a love letter ... words of encouragement, words of affirmation. DaySpring understands those needs and offers us many products with the perfect Christian messages designed to share God's love.

Holley Gerth, counselor, lifecoach, and writer for DaySpring, has a new line of products called God’s Heart Collection. In her new book, God’s Heart for You, Holley takes us on a journey through God’s Heart. She shares the truth about being accepted, forgiven, secure, and wanted. She reminds us that God loves us just as we are – beautifully and wonderfully made!

God’s Word contains many words of encouragement ... messages of hope, strength, comfort, joy, friendship, peace, and so much more. Scripture expresses God’s love for me and instructs me to share that love with others. The words of 1 Thessalonians 5:11 say, “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”

Holly has asked her readers to complete the following sentence:  "In God’s Heart I am..."  

When my heart is filled with God's Love, the overflow can be passed along to others through my words of encouragement. So, here is how I’ve completed Holley’s statement:

In God’s Heart I am ...
filled with encouragement and peace,
I AM LOVED!

Items in Holley’s new collection include:

• God’s Heart for You Book
• God’s Heart Companion Journal
• God’s Heart 2012 Calendar
• God’s Heart Card Pack

DaySpring gave me a free God’s Heart Card Pack to review in return for my honest opinion about their product. No other compensation was provided. I’m excited to be sharing my product review with you.


Product Review: The assorted pack of ten quality cards (and envelopes) was inspired by Holley's devotional, God's Heart for You: Embracing Your True Worth as a Woman. Each card includes a very unique Christian message about grace, hope, perseverance, and encouragement, along with a related Scripture verse. Many of the cards I send are to friends that I don’t get to see every day, so I especially liked some of the verses that shared a message of “keeping in touch across the miles.” One such message started out by saying, “If we could have coffee today, I’d sit across the table from you and say...”  - I know just the person I am going to be sending that one to!

DaySpring’s attention to details – from the eye-catching artwork, beautiful printing, and amazing packaging make this product a great idea for gift-giving, too.

Because the God’s Heart Collection is sold exclusively through Blessings Unlimited, (DaySpring’s direct selling business), it is not available in local stores that carry other DaySpring products. The Blessings Unlimited catalog reflects an exclusive selection of home décor, gift items and cards. All of the products are sold exclusively through Consultants. For more information –to shop online, find a Consultant’s website, host a Gathering, or become a Consultant, click here:

We talk a lot about making a difference in the lives of others, but our lives change too – for the better, when we invest in relationships. Remember, words of affirmation do make a difference! !

Encourage one another ...
God’s Peace, Donna Weaver

I’d love to hear how you complete Holley’s statement,
“In God’s Heart I am...”
Post your comment below.



2 comments:

Holley Gerth said...

Beautifully said, Donna!

Donna Weaver said...

Thank you Holley .... for the comment and your wonderful new line. I love every item and have especially enjoyed sending the "God's Heart" cards!